Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - 6p-6a
at Volunteers of America
Bethesda Care Center is a premier provider of long-term care, memory support, short-term rehabilitation and end-of-life care in the Fremont community. Bethesda offers a warm, friendly environment where the privacy and wishes of our residents are respected.
One Full- Time Night Shift (6p-6a shift)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Volunteers of America, Bethesda Care Center is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to join its team for the night shift. The LPN role shall perform in accordance with state and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her professional organization.
Our person centered care approach provides a low nurse to patient ratio, which allows you to make a real difference in the lives of those in your community. You will truly provide exceptional cares and clinical outcomes to your residents.
- Role models positive & open communication skills with all staff, customers, guests, residents and families.
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications and treatments.
- Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy.
- Accurately utilizes electronic systems of documentation as required per facility policy.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of practice. Maintain a current CPR Certification.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Ability to understand residents' charts, doctor's orders, residents' plan of care, medication orders.
- Must possess the ability to effectively gather clinical data in regards to resident status and condition.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Maintain IV Certification if required in the state of practice.
- Understanding of current Antibiotic Stewardship, Infection Prevention & Infection Control and OSHA guidelines.