Wastren Advantage Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wastren Advantage Inc
- # of Openings
Performs accounting duties involving the application of routine and non-routine accounting principles in maintaining company records including: payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc. Demonstrates a personal commitment to safety and quality. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of customer account invoices while meeting billing and closing deadlines.
- Responds to customer billing inquiries, working with customers, project managers, and other departments to resolve issues as they arise.
- Monitors contracts and contract modifications to ensure billing compliance.
- Processes multi-state payrolls on a weekly and/or biweekly basis, maintaining payroll records, timesheets, and other records as required.
- Calculates and transmits payroll tax payments to various government entities.
- Supports project management, providing reports as requested and communicating with project managers regarding project performance.
- Accesses data from database (COGNOS) and creates desired reports using Excel.
- Prepares various journal entries for month-end closing.
- Interfaces with auditors, providing support and documentation upon request.
- Supports general accounting, accounts receivable, and accounts payable regularly as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to get along with co-workers, customers and visitors.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to safety and quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during their “core” work hours. Overtime may be required as job demands.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Education & Certifications:
- Position requires bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field.
Experience & Requirements:
- Payroll and/or government invoicing experience required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and familiar with other Microsoft Office programs, general computer use, e-mail, and electronic calendars. Deltek Costpoint experience preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must have the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and succeed in a fast-paced work environment.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.