Wright-Patt Credit Union Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wright-Patt Credit Union Inc.
This position will be based in Columbus, Ohio.
The Business Relationship Lender is responsible for creating and servicing productive relationships with business owners resulting in active participation in the services of the credit union, specifically to include business loans and deposits, and other related business services.
- Works with member-owned businesses and business prospects throughout the communities that the credit union serves to provide new business loans, deposits, and related products and services resulting in the achievement of established annual goals. (40%)
- Manages and services an existing portfolio of business member relationships to include conducting annual reviews, processing annual renewals, responding to a variety of business member requests, and assessing ongoing credit quality. (20%)
- Analyzes and prepares documentation related to new business requests. Coordinates with internal credit union partners (support coordinators, underwriters, and treasury specialist) and external partners (title companies, attorneys, brokers/realtors) to efficiently book new business requests. (15%)
- Provides member business services support and training to a group of assigned member centers to include making regular visits to the member centers, attending member center staff meetings as requested, and promptly responding and providing follow up to loan referrals. (10%)
- Identifies opportunities and assists in the cross-selling of other credit union products and services to member-owners/businesses and prospects. Facilitates introduction of member or prospect to the related credit union partner. (5%)
- Actively participates or volunteers on community events/organizations. (5%)
- Completes various administrative tasks as identified related to reports, training, and reviews in a timely manner. (5%)
The Business Relationship Lender possesses the following knowledge and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a Business Lending (involving “relationship selling” and “cold calling”) environment; or a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a credit analyst and/or portfolio manager.
- At least three years of successful relationship building experience and a track record of effectively selling products in financial services setting,
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with business owners and key executives.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to share negative information in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze information in order to review credit packages, including working knowledge of income statements, balance sheets and other corporate documents.
- Proven ability to learn complex or sophisticated concepts and apply them appropriately is required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and utilize the necessary software to complete job functions.
- Understanding the Credit Union movement, the “WPCU difference”, as well as knowledge of WPCU products and services and the ability to understand and effectively communicate these differences is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.