Wright-Patt Credit Union Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Servicing Cash Specialist
at Wright-Patt Credit Union Inc.
The Mortgage Servicing Cash Specialist is responsible for a wide variety of payment processing and application related functions that impact mortgage loans. The main responsibilities will include the receipt and application of member monthly payments, receipt and application of payoff proceeds, movement of member and corporate funds within the servicing system as applicable and other cash management related activities.
- Receive and process mortgage loan payments and payoffs to the mortgage servicing system. Payments and payoffs will be received via incoming mail, incoming wires, lockbox exceptions, ACH, and/or borrower online payment submission. Reconcile each posting batch to ensure accuracy and adherence to regulatory and internal timeline standards and procedures. (40%)
- Process and post other loan level transactions (cash and non-cash) including, but not limited to, escrow payments, corporate advances, suspense posting(s), refunds, corrections, adjustments, and charge-offs. (20%)
- Process payments/payoffs returned by financial institutions unpaid. Provide notification to internal stakeholders in accordance with internal procedures, and prepare notification correspondence to members regarding payments/payoff returned by a financial institution as unpaid. Prepare the daily reconciliation report and process the daily deposit in accordance with internal procedures. (20%)
- Complete research on member, credit union partner, internal and external requests and inquiries, providing a timely response in accordance with regulatory and internal guidelines and procedures. Provide support to members and partner credit unions to ensure accurate processing of cash transactions, ensuring a superior service experience to all external and internal stakeholders. (10%)
- Have an understanding of payoffs and releases/satisfactions. Identify process gaps and enhancements in collaboration with internal partners. Other responsibilities as defined. (10%)
- Associate’s degree in Business or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 years of previous mortgage servicing experience, preferably in cash processing/operations.
- Demonstrated ability to learn core loan servicing systems and applicable servicing/third party vendor systems.
- Ability to clearly communicate with internal partners, members, external partners, and third party vendors.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent PC skills, including spreadsheet applications
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills