Wright-Patt Credit Union Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Public Relations & Social Media Specialist
at Wright-Patt Credit Union Inc.
The Public Relations and Social Media Specialist is responsible for promoting and protecting WPCU’s online and traditional media brand reputation through the creation and execution of results-driven campaigns and initiatives in the areas of public relations, corporate communications, social media, and online review sites with the goal of increasing member engagement and brand reputation.
- Content Creation/Management - Responsible for creating (writing, editing, preparing materials and/or recordings - if warranted) and managing on-going positive campaigns, content and stories for all social and traditional public relations media channels (can range from creating traditional press releases and articles to blogs, podcasts, credit union newsletter, website content, webinars and videos) resulting in measurable key performance indicators (KPIs). For social media, this includes creating search engine optimization (SEO) driven website content, as well as managing, executing, tracking and optimizing social media-driven marketing (paid and unpaid) campaigns. (35%)
- Reputation Management - As the online brand voice/leader for the credit union’s social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) and review/rating sites (Google, Yelp, Glassdoor etc.), maintain all daily activities including interacting with members and fans - using listening and sentiment analysis tools - in real time on various platforms across the internet by mediating positive conversations, identifying complaints about the brand, quickly addressing them and consistently reporting relevant online sentiment, data/metrics and activity, including member chatter to ensure a positive brand reputation. (20%)
- Social and Media Relations/Engagement - Identify public relations and social media opportunities by managing media inquiries/requests and building relationships with internal and external (journalists and social media influencers) stakeholders to help tell Wright-Patt Credit Union success stories and manage reputation. This includes coordinating and executing training of influencers to be credit union social media ambassadors and/or internal stakeholders to be media spokesperson when needed. In addition, this position will track all press releases, social media, blog placements, and measure and report campaign effectiveness. (20%)
- Planning - In collaboration with the Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, create and execute public relations and social media plans (from three-year annual plans to campaign specific plans , including content calendars) that include specific KPI to determine program success. (20%)
- Critical Incident Response - Working with designated media spokesperson(s) (per media policy) to help craft and issue company-wide responses to various audiences when unplanned and immediate issues arise. This may include creating and executing plans to solve incidents through paid, earned, and/or owned marketing channels. (5%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or social media with courses in marketing with 5 years of relevant industry experience working in public relations and social media.
- Applicable public relations, branding, social media, and new media experience with exceptional writing and communication skills [Associated Press (AP) Style preferred for written communication and SEO knowledge base] - requires a love of writing and editing, hands-on execution (research, writing, pitching, editing, etc.), confidence when communicating and an understanding of strategy.
- Demonstrated experience in developing thought leadership articles, promotions and presentations and managing corporate social media accounts.
- Knowledge of current trends and techniques in marketing, public relations, media relations, SEO-driven content, advertising, social media and new media.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and is detailed oriented - takes responsibility, multi-tasks, manages all logistics for a given task, asks questions, collaborates, learns, and works quickly in a fast-paced environment and stays within the fiscal budget.
- Build effective relationships with traditional media and/or community contacts and internal stakeholders.
- Requires highly developed interpersonal skills to effectively work with executives and public stakeholders.
- Demonstrates the ability to thrive and succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced, high-energy environment: can manage multiple campaigns, events or projects while consistently ensuring the credit union’s brand integrity while working with multiple and shifting priorities, which sometimes can be conflicting.
- Displays effective organization skills and the ability to work both independently and within a team environment as proven team contributor.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and high level of confidentiality to ensure proper handling of sensitive information.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).